Friday, July 3, 2009

On the bus...

Let me start this blog off by letting everyone know that I'm on the bus on the way back to Jupiter from Daytona Beach. So for this blog you aren't allowed to judge me on my grammar, just my content!

I feel much better know after laying down that disclaimer!

We just got finished with a four game series against the Daytona Cubs, who are obviously affiliated with the Chicago Cubs. They beat us the first night and then we tool the final three games of the series. Right now we're sitting at 3-5 for the second half, which is actually right in the middle of the pack. Daytona plays at an old stadium with tiny dugouts, but it does have some baseball history. The name of the park is Jackie Robinson field. After doing a little research I found out that it was the first field that Jackie Robinson played a professional game at, which happened to be for the triple a affiliate for the Kansas City Monarchs of the Negro leagues.

The hotel that we stayed in was also in the most unique location of any other hotel that we've stayed at. My room was on the 8th floor on the beach, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Outside of the location, the hotel didn't really offer much else.

The last three games are also the first games that my Dad and sister have been able to see me play this year. They're still waiting on seeing a hit from me! It's always good to have family in town, or anyone for that matter. Today we did a little sight seeing in the hicktown of Daytona. The town is absolutely run my Nascar and Spring Break. Taking a drive down Atlantic Avenue, right along the beach, you either pass a beach store or a Nascar store. With my Dad being the big Nascar fanatic that he is we made it a point to check out the Daytona International Speedway. It was actually a place that I'm glad to say that I've seen. I'm beginning to realize how baseball has taken me to a lot of places that I probably would never make it to if I had never picked up the game.

The next couple games in Jupiter should be pretty exciting. We play the Palm Beach Cardinals on the 3rd and 4th, and both games are sold out. You might not have known that we share our complex with the Cardinals. So for the first game we're the home team, and then vice versa for the second game. That's a huge difference from the 100 fans that we usually have at our games! It should be pretty fun and interesting to play a couple games in front of those kinds of crowds.

The second half has started on a really rocky path for me, I've got my four wheel drive on though and I'm trying to endure it the best that I can. I swear that there are some times when I absolutely hate baseball! It's such a frustrating game, but whenever you succeed it just makes it that much better. Baseball is something that I have such an extreme passion for. I say that there are times that I hate it, but those times only last for seconds. I couldn't imagine my life without baseball. It's taught me so many lessons and taken me so many places. There are so many things in my life that I credit to baseball and I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to repay the game that has given me so much. These long bus trips, the minimum wage salary, the demand on my body, those things are all hard but when you have a passion for something they seem like nothing!

Another thing that's new in my life is that I've started a Twitter account. It seems to be the new fad so I figured that I would try it out.

Well that's all I have for now...I'm positive that the next time you hear from me I'll be talking about howany hits I've had! I've got to go to the plate thinking that I'm going to get a hit...no matter how long it's been since I've had a hit!

When you're down don't rely on somebody else to pick you up, drag yourself to your feet, dust yourself off, and get back to business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO HUNTER,
SOOOOO GOOD TO READ YOUR BLOG
YOUR ALWAYS IN MY MIND
WISHING YOU A GOOD SECOND HALF
LOVE YOU HUGS AND KISSES
OUTTA SIGHT
AUNT JANET

Anonymous said...

I love visitors as much as I love visiting... Sorry I havent been there!
Keep your chin up and keep looking forward. You "Amaze" me!
I sure miss you, your always on my mind. And when your down just keep looking at the moon!