Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mark Ingram

So when I was talking about this past weekend I completely forgot to talk about the best moment of the weekend, Mark Ingram winning the Heisman and his emotional speech.

Going into Saturday night I wanted Suh to win just because I love seeing change and seeing something different, and a defensive lineman winning it would have been just that. Although after I witnessed Mark Ingram thank everyone in the world with tears streaming down his face, I knew that the right guy was given the award.

To watch someone get up in front of the entire world without notes and not miss a beat was pretty impressive. It seemed as if the only person he failed to thank was his next door neighbors brothers cousin! It was just refreshing to see such raw emotion. You could tell that he was truly thankful for every opportunity he's been given. I can honestly say that it was the best acceptance speech that I have ever seen. He definitely gained my respect and I will always be a fan, I mean how could you not want to see this guy succeed?!?!

No comments: