Saturday, March 8, 2008

Another modified day.

Today was another long day, but today it wasn’t because of long talks but because of rain from last night. We got to the field only to find all the fields soaked from last night’s rain. Since the fields were wet they moved everything back a little to see if the fields could dry out a little. Needless to say the fields never dried out and we waited for a few hours. We took batting practice off of the coaches in the batting cages and shortly after moved to the fields to take live batting practice off pitchers. They did cover up the mounds and home plate areas last night. I only saw 10 pitches today and I think took four swings; out of those 4 swings I hit 2 balls hard that most likely would have been hits. Tomorrow we do the same things as what we did yesterday; hopefully the rain stays away so that we’re able to stay on schedule.

Brett threw two innings in the big league game today. The Marlins traveled four hours to play the defending world champion, Boston Red Sox. After the game I sent Brett a text message asking him how he did and his response was that he threw two innings and didn’t give up any runs and that the first three batters that he faced were David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis, and Jason Varitek. All three of those guys are regular starters for the Red Sox with Ortiz being a perennial all-star. I would love to be able to face big league pitchers like that on a daily basis. For the most part I feel like I’ve been able to rise to the challenge of facing better pitchers, I just think it would be so tough mentally to hit every time against a guy with their caliber.

After Jordan and I left the field we decided to make a pit stop at a local dive called Dune Dog’s. They specialize in different kinds of hot dogs and what they put on their dogs. Dune Dog’s is definitely a place that is a must stop restaurant for first timers to Jupiter. It’s set outside, a trait of a restaurant that could only be achieved in a few places in the continental United States. All I had though was corn on the cob (have to eat healthy) while Jordan chowed down on a foot long chili cheese dog with a side of waffle fries. As soon as they brought out his food my mouth instantly started watering. We’re definitely going to have to hit up Dune Dog’s on a Sunday so I can get anything on the menu!

Movie Update:
Guy X- This is a movie based in 1979 on an army base in Greenland. This was one of the more confusing movies I’ve ever seen. I knew what was going on but I had no idea how it was happening (if that makes any sense). American Pie’s Jason Biggs is the star of this black comedy. I might have to watch this one again to catch some of the things that I wasn’t able to pick up on the first time around.
My rating- 5.5

Jordan and I are now settled into bed getting ready to watch the Duke vs. North Carolina game. We also have to make sure and get to bed an hour earlier tonight so that we can make an easy adjustment into daylight savings time. Hopefully the weather will be nice and warm tomorrow so that we can get everything in that we need to.

If you haven’t noticed yet the poll question has ended. Apparently baseball games are by far the best sporting events to go to at Mizzou. I’m going to be honest, I even voted for football. I’m sure if I would have been at that regional last year my opinion might be different. I’ll have a new poll question up tomorrow so stay tuned.

The picture is of half of our locker room.

*Control only what’s in your power, if you work hard enough you shouldn’t have to worry about that which you can’t control...it should all take care of itself.

No comments: