Thursday, March 27, 2008

Check out the new poll question...

There didn’t end up being any releases today which can be a good thing or a really bad thing. I say that it could be a bad thing because people could get really excited about avoiding the last “camp day” only to find out that they get released tomorrow or the next day. I don’t think that they’re planning on releasing any more guys but if you look at the numbers you have to assume that they still have to let some people go. That’s all for the management to decide and if you start thinking too much about it you’ll just give yourself a headache. I have heard some horror stories about some teams waiting until the last day to let guys go. Think about that, guys are planning to break camp with an organization, starting to make travel plans for their families to come see them, and start making living arrangements only to find out that they don’t have a job. All you can do is play well, take care of your business, and pray that that doesn’t happen to you.

We got done with our workouts at around 1:30 today. All we did was stretch, take a short batting practice, and played an eight inning game against the high A team. I think the score was 3-1 with their team coming out on top. I hit 3rd and played centerfield. I only ended up getting three at bats. My first at bat I hit a line drive over the shortstop’s head, my second at bat I grounded out to second, and my third at bat a hit a single to right center. On my groundout I broke my first bat of spring training and it just so happened that today was the only day that I didn’t take two bats out to the field…coincidence? I felt real good at the plate today, I definitely think that watching my swings last night helped me out a lot.

My poll question ended a couple of days ago and Carlos Beltran ended up winning the poll; definitely the right choice. Make sure you vote on my new poll question.

Kind of a short blog today but the NCAA tournament is on and I’m really tired. I hope you guys all understand!

*Being a good teammate is the best compliment that you can receive.

No comments: