Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First day of games.........tomorrow.

The rain once again had a big effect on our day. When we woke up and went down to eat breakfast we were greeted by a downpour. So obviously the fields were soaked and we had to change around our day accordingly. All we ended up doing was taking batting practice in the cages and then ran a little bit for our conditioning. We had to take a shower after we were done because we had a meeting with the minor league drug testing people. It actually wasn’t too bad, usually those meetings are like pulling teeth, but today it was a short 15 minutes.

That was the end of our day at the field and it was only around 12:30. Jordan and I then came back to the hotel, put in Transformers, and 15 minutes into the movie fell asleep. We woke back up at about 4:00 and finished up the movie (the review will follow). We went ahead and got some dinner at Pollo Tropical, a local Caribbean fast food joint. It’s a pretty good place to eat, I had a bowl of rice with black beans and chicken on top of it. The best part about it is that it only costs $3.85 and it still fills me up. Now I’m sitting in bed watching the final 12 of American Idol perform.

When I got to the field I found out that I was affected by the drop downs from major league camp. With one outfielder moving down from big league camp there was a trickle down effect which subsequently sent me down to group four (the low A group). I knew that it was probably going to come eventually but I’m not going to lie and say that I wasn’t a little bit disappointed. But honestly it doesn’t matter to me what group I’m in as long as I’m able to get some at bats and showcase my abilities.

Tomorrow we play our first game of the spring. We make the short walk over to the Cardinals camp. I can’t wait, it’s been forever since I’ve been in a game situation. I’m ready to compete, I feel lost whenever I’m not competing in something. That makes me that that once my baseball career is over I’m going to have to find something that can bring out my competitive juices.

Movie Update:
Transformers- This movie is a spin off of the figureines that were popular in the early to mid 1990’s. It’s a pretty action packed movie and I thought they did a great job of including real life events and monuments into a completely ficional film.
My rating: 6.5

American Idol Update:
They’re finally down to their final 12 performers and the guys and girls are now merged together. I thought that the best performances of the night came from Chikeze (his first good performance yet), Carly Smithson, Brooke White, and Kansas City's own David Cook. The people that I think will be voted off are Ramiele Malubay and Kristy Lee Cook. We'll have to see tomorrow how my predictions turn out.

I’ll have a pretty detailed report of my first spring training game tomorrow. I’m thinking that it’s going to be a good report, but you’ll have to check back tomorrow to see how it went.

*Challenge yourself to be at your best at all times.

No comments: