Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stuck in the bathroom!


I’m going to start off tonight’s blog with one of the funnier stories that has involved Jordan and I. For the first couple days that we have been in our new room Jordan has had a hard time getting out of the bathroom once he closes the door. I make fun of him every time he fiddles with it because it has never happened to me. I later figured out that I have never shut the door all the way. So obviously Jordan wanted to prove a point to me and of course we both went into the bathroom at the same time. I think you can see where this story is going now. Once we were in the bathroom we fiddled around with the doorknob with no luck. We tried and tried and about 15 minutes later we decided to give up. Luckily I had brought my phone into the bathroom with me because I was talking to Drew. I had to call 411 and get the number to our hotel where I talked to the lady at the front desk. I tried explaining what was going on but I think she thought I was messing with her. A couple minutes later a lady knocked on our door, came into our room, and freed us from the bathroom. All three of us were laughing historically. I can only imagine what she was thinking. Not only were two guys stuck in the bathroom together but two guys that both had only a pair of shorts on a piece! After all that trouble we ended up getting a pretty good laugh out of it. Those are the kind of situations that Jordan and I always seem to end up in.

Tomorrow is the first day of workouts for the position players, and I can’t wait. The position players that weren’t here all arrived tonight and will have their physicals tomorrow morning. Once everyone has completed their physicals we’ll head out to the field to, I’m assuming, take batting practice and play catch. Friday we are scheduled to have our first session of live batting practice facing pitchers. We’ll continue to have morning sessions only until the 12th when we will start play games in the afternoons. All the coaches that I’ve talked to that I haven’t seen in awhile have all said that they heard through the grapevine that I’ve been hitting the ball well. That’s encouraging to me that my name has come up in conversations with the coaches.

Jordan and I had our second night in a row of Subway. We just might go there every night, and that means a lot of saved money and a lot of healthy sandwiches. But considering we get subs every day for lunch we might just have to switch up dinner a little bit every now and then to keep our bodies guessing!

I stayed away from a nap this afternoon so that I could get a good night’s worth of sleep tonight. Hopefully it’s a decision that turns out to be the right one. All I know is that this afternoon until about now I’ve been yawning every 10 seconds it seems like. Come back tomorrow to read how my first day with the rest of the position players went.
Today's picture is of my sister and I a couple of years ago. I forgot/couldn't find anything good to take a picture of today so I figured that I could just put up a picture of my favorite sister.

*If you play every game as if it is your last you won’t have to second guess yourself.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is a pretty funny story Hunter. Echale ganas at the tryouts or should I say spring training?