Saturday, March 1, 2008

2-1 on the weekend so far.

The second game of Missouri’s double header last night ended up going to the good guys. Ian Berger threw what looked like to be a very good game. The only run that he gave up was on a homerun. If Berger is able to throw for the rest of the year like he did last night, then watch out Big 12 and not to mention the rest of the country.

Today’s game unfortunately didn’t turn out the way that Missouri fans would have liked. Rick Zagone threw well through 5 innings, only allowing one hit. The 6th inning however was a different story. San Diego ended up scoring 3 in the bottom of the 6th, giving them a 5-4 lead, which ended up being good enough to get the win.

Ryan Lollis and Jacob Priday continue their hot start. Through 7 games Lollis is hitting .444 and Priday is hitting .379. I know what those guys are going through, in regards to having high expectations thrust upon them. It looks as if these two are doing a great job of living up to the early season expectations. Both of these guys are great hitters, consistency will prove to be the deciding factor with these two as to how high they will end up being drafted.

I caught up today on some much needed sleep. I slept all the way until 1:30 in the afternoon! I honestly could have slept until about 4:00 but I had to get up and get the day going. Once I got going I made my way down to the exercise room and did a half hour of stair climber, 500 pushups, and 500 different abs exercises. After that I went out to the pool and did a bunch of different exercises in the pool. It was definitely 2 hours well spent.

While I was in the exercise room I watched the Tyson Cup. It was the first time that I had seen the next greatest American gymnast, Shawn Johnson, compete. She has to be the cutest thing ever. I will say this; America will absolutely love this girl. Today, unfortunately, she didn’t win. It was the first time during her senior career that she hadn’t won a competition. It’ll be fun to watch her progress through the trials and on into the Olympic Games. As much as I hate to admit it I have a ton of respect for gymnasts. The things that they are able to do are just so amazing. I definitely wouldn’t mind having a daughter that was a gymnast. I could handle going to watch her gymnastics meets but I’m not sure I could handle girls basketball, soccer, or softball. We’ll see what happens with that.

I watched The Bourne Ultimatum last night. I didn’t think it was as good as the second movie, but I still thought it was pretty good. They had a couple really good fight scenes. To understand this movie you have to have a good understanding with the back story of the Bourne movies. This one was a little tough to follow, but I managed to get by and understand what was going on.

Tomorrow should be a pretty good day; Jordan gets in tomorrow night, I’m able to eat whatever I want to (because it’s my day to eat whatever), and I’m going to go over to the field at 1:00 to watch the Marlins game.

Well it still won't let me post any pictures...maybe tomorrow.

*Don’t dwell on what’s in store, live for the moment.

No comments: