Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm back,,,

Happy Easter to everyone out there! It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve blogged, but now I’m back and in the blogging mood. It is good to be back but it also means that I don’t have anyone to keep me company. It was probably a good thing that my family and fiancé were here whenever Jordan got released. It wouldn’t have been real fun going from a great roommate and friend to nothing. My mom, sister, and Madi left yesterday to go back home and Drew left early this morning. It’s always hard having to say goodbye to people you love so much but then I’m kind of preparing myself so that when they do leave it’s not as bad as it could be.

We had such a good time when everyone was here. We had some incredible food, some good laughs, and they were great company. They all went to the beach everyday, and I have no idea how in the heck they did it. I can only take so much of sand in my crack! With everyone gone I’m going to have to get used to life once again without a car. That means a lot of meals at Boston Market. In case you were wondering, my bike is still over at the Fairfield. I should probably go pick it back up eventually.

I’ve been playing alright in the games. I always seem to get at least one hit but that’s usually the most that I get. I’d like to put together a multi hit game eventually. There still are a lot of guys that are going to be released, hopefully I’ve shown enough so far and the organization thinks enough of me to keep me around for the rest of the year.

The first few days of the NCAA tournament have been absolutely unforgettable. It really is true that in the tournament anyone can beat anyone at any given time and that’s the beauty of it all. My pick to win it all, Tennessee, went into overtime earlier today but they were still able to pull through.

The Missouri baseball team is absolutely on fire! This past weekend the pitching staff didn’t give up an earned run and only 2 runs total. That’s even against a Big 12 opponent who happens to be the #14 team in the nation. What they are doing right now is unprecedented. I hate to put such high expectations with this team but I really think that they have a serious shot at winning the national championship. They’ve already proven that they can handle the early season hype, now it’s time to see if they can take everyone’s best shot. It’s a serious possibility that they could be the #1 team in the country after this weekend. Going back to the pitching staff, I talked to Stan Meeks the other day about Aaron Crow. Mr. Meeks is the scouting director for the Marlins and he told me that he didn’t think that there would be any chance that Crow would be around for the Marlins to take with the sixth pick. It’s going to be fun to see where this season ends.

Well that’s good for now. I’m back in blogging mode so expect a great one tomorrow; hopefully I have nothing but good news to report.

*Achieve the unthinkable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunter,

I have been reading about you on this the past couple of weeks and it looks like things are going well! I just got back from a Caribbean cruise with my family over spring break and it was awesome. Congrats on the engagement! Thats really cool man. Just wanted to say that and I hope the rest of spring training goes well.

Skyler

Anonymous said...

Hello Hunter,

Well the word is out back here. Sounds like you had a good vist with the gals. Now back to Baseball. Iam looking for the multi hit. Stay focus and Do the unthinkable.
Out of sight
Love Aunt Janet

Unknown said...

I had a chance to see the Tigers abuse the Bears Saturday. Berger was unhittable. They really have some live young arms, and the depth of the pitching staff should allow them to go deep into the post-season. They, also, seem to be coming around offensively. It's hard not to get too excited, but this is going to be a BIG year!!

Go Tigers!!

BB
Columbia,MO