Thursday, March 6, 2008

Go time tomorrow!

I kind of thought that today was going to be the first day of workouts for the position players, at least that’s what I was told, turns out I was told wrong. I woke up at 7:30 and went to the field with Jordan only to find out that we don’t have anything tomorrow. After I found that out I realized that I had about 4 hours to kill before I could get a ride back to the hotel. I taped up a couple bats, hit for a little, and did a little core work. I didn’t want to get a big lift in today so that I could be fresh for tomorrow’s first workout. I worked out a few kinks in the batting cage that had been bothering me since the last time that I had taken live BP. After about 45 minutes I got done what I needed to do.

A couple nights ago I was bored and found myself just clicking on random icons on my desktop. A couple years ago the hitting instructor for the Marlins downloaded a hitting analysis program onto my computer with a bunch of my swings and big league swings. A week or so after he put the program on my computer it stopped working. Now that you know that background information I can continue on with my story. When I clicked on it a couple nights ago I was really surprised to have it come up and work. I’ve been experimenting with it the past couple days, trying to find out all the ins and outs of the program. I’m thinking about buying a camcorder and know that I know that this program works I really am considering buying one. It will also be a great tool for when I start giving lessons once again. There were so many times when I was giving a lesson that I wished that I could show whoever I was working with they were doing with their swing that was wrong or right. Sometimes when you see yourself swinging, at least with me, you imagine yourself looking completely different. I’m looking forward to getting new swings of mine onto my computer, the last swing that I have of mine was when I was in Jamestown my first year.

My family is going to Columbia this weekend to watch the Missouri baseball team play. My dad is always able to give me a good analysis of the game and how everyone did, so I’m looking forward to hearing what he has to say. Hopefully the weather will allow for all the games to be played this weekend.

Tomorrow Brett throws in his first big league game in Jupiter. That means that Jordan and I will finally get to see him throw. Apparently they start sending guys from big league camp down to minor league camp on Saturday. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of impact that has on all us minor leaguers. Usually when people get sent down from big league camp they start to release guys on the minor league level. I would think though that they would at least let us play some games before they started releasing guys. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Movie update:
The Kingdom- Jordan and I started this one last night and finished it up this afternoon. Jamie Foxx plays a FBI agent that goes over to Saudi Arabia to try and solve a terrorist crime. There were some pretty good battle scenes in this movie. I’d definitely suggest this movie.
My rating- 7.5

Rush Hour 3- Most everyone has seen the at least one of the first two Rush Hour movies. This one was based in Paris with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker trying to save the Chinese ambassador’s daughter. I thought it was an alright movie, Chris Tucker always seems to have some lines in movies that end up being common catch phrases.
My rating- 6.0

American Idol update:
Tonight was an elimination night, taking the competition down to the final 12. It’s also the last show where the guys and girls are voted on separately. In my opinion this season has some of the best voices/personalities of any season yet.
Females eliminated- Kady Malloy’s journey came to an end tonight. If you can remember right she was my dad’s pick from the very beginning. It’s a shame she didn’t do well, it seemed as if off stage she was a really fun girl but when she got on stage she kind of lost her personality. The next girl to get voted off was my favorite Asia’h Epperson. I’m still hurting with this one. She has been my favorite since her first audition, which happened to be only a few days after he father passed away. I still think that she has a very bright future in front of her.
Males eliminated- Luke Menard was the first guy voted off. The Hugh Jackman look alike never really had a week where he was real good. He always seemed to be pretty average and it finally caught up to him tonight. The last cast-off of the night was Danny Noriega. I’m only going to say one thing, it’s about time.

The first picture is of the Marlins offices at our spring training facility. The second picture is of our new room at the La Quinta and the final picture is of the view from our window (that palm tree doesn't make for a great view).

*If you don’t think you belong, quit.

No comments: