Thursday, February 7, 2008

Clemens vs. McNamee

This whole thing is just absolutely getting out of control. I want to believe that McNamee is telling the truth, just because I'm not a big fan of Clemens, but the more and more that comes out about this guy makes me believe that he's just making something up. I watched the press conference today that McNamee's lawyers had and also the one that Clemens' lawyers had. You can definitely tell between these two sets of lawyers who is more prestigious. Clemens' lawyers are definitely convincing. I'm sure he's paying them an obscene amount of money to clear his name, and as far as I'm concerned it's starting to work. The more and more I think about those syringes that McNamee kept the more and more I think the guy is just a creep, and if he kept that stuff why didn't he do it for everyone else that he injected? Meanwhile Clemens is going throughout Congress meeting with Congressmen and is basically brown nosing. I just don't know what to believe anymore. That crap all gives me a headache anyways, cheaters should be punished and if he did in fact do what McNamee has said along then I hope Clemens gets what he deserves.

I'm getting really anxious to start playing games, it's too bad we're still more than a month away from that happening. It's amazes me at how Missouri and other college baseball programs have been practicing for about a month now and there are some big leaguers who haven't even picked a bat up and might not do so for another 2 weeks. I do realize though that once we start playing games and spring training starts up I have a lot to prove to some people. I have to be able to show the organization that I can endure a whole season injury free, and I think that if I am able to do that everything else will take care of itself. I think that the organization likes me, they're just waiting for me to show what I can do. This has got to be the year for me, and I can't wait to show the Marlins that they got a steal in the 17th round a couple of years ago.

I watched another movie today call Stardust. IMDB has it rated at 8.1, not real sure I agree with that one. I guess it all depends on what your preference is. The plot is just too complicated for me to put into words so you'll have to watch it on your own. If I were to give this movie a rating it'd be somewhere around a 5.5.

I still pretty much have a room to myself. Graham gets done working out at around 11:30 and as far as I can tell is downstairs playing Halo until about 9:00. Doesn't bother me one bit, I just have to find out how to get online on the XBox here in our room so that I can play when he's not here.

The weekend is almost here and I have absolutely no idea what it is going ot offer. Outside of going to eat at Yardhouse on Sunday night with Brett and his fiance' I have absolutely no plans. So what that means is that I'm going to have to sleep until about 1 on Saturday and Sunday so that I can eat up some of the day, otherwise I'll just be sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

I can always watch Slingbox though...That thing gets better and better each day. I just wish that the hotel had a faster internet connection so that I didn't have to go to Duffy's to watch it. Today I watched last nights Gauntlet 3, a good episode. Then I watched Three Sheets, one of the best shows ever. The host, Zane (not sure of his last name), goes around the world drinking and learning the customary drinking styles of where he ends up. The episode that I watched today he was in the Czech Republic. The show wouldn't be as good if Zane wasn't as witty and hilarious as he is. They also have the best sound effects ever!! Back to the Slingbox...my brother and I had a funny encounter yesterday. I was trying to watch a recorded show on my computer and it kept changing the channel on it's own and everytime I tried starting the show back up it would do the same thing. After about 4 or 5 times I finally figured out what was happening. My brother was trying to watch our TV at home that has the Slingbox hooked up to it and he had already watched the show that I was trying to watch. I called the house and talked to Alex and he was freaked out and had no idea what was going on. We both got a good laugh out of it.

I did get a package in the mail today, that's always exciting. Drew sent me my sandals that I forgot (an absolute must have down here in Florida), some shorts (I somehow only wound up bringing 2 pairs), honey roasted cashews to snack on, sunflower seeds and gum for the field, and the best part; homemade protein bars. I guess she found the recipe in a magazine and I'm glad she did because they are unbelievable. I love mail!

That's all for today, no nap sadly...maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

D said...

No mention about the chapstick with an SPF of 15 to protect your lips while being outside all day....