Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good job America!

Today's been pretty gloomy. It has pretty much rained at a decent pace throughout the entire day. As you can imagine it made it a little tough to do baseball work on the fields so all we did today was hit in the cages and lifted. Hopefully tomorrow will offer some better weather so that we can get on the field and get out work in.

Division 1 baseball begins tomorrow and I can't wait. Missouri plays their first game tomorrow against the University Of Connecticut. They're going into the season with high expections, as they should. They are ranked as high as #6 in the Baseball America poll. This year's team looks to be a lot like the one that I played on my junior year. We had a good previous year and had some lofty expectations coming into the season. You always have to have high expectations for yourslef, if you don't then what are youreally playing for? I think what happened to us is that we weren't able to sneak up on anyone like we had done in years past. When we took the field we thought that teams would lay down for us and in reality it was the complete opposite. I just hope that this team doesn't make the same mistake that we did. I think what is going to help this team is that they have guys that were on that team and they know what to expect. I'm also pretty sure that Coach J and his coaching staff have done a great job this second time around with grounding everyone and letting them know that regardless of what they are ranked they still have to go out everyday with a workman's like attitude to get the job done. Hopefully I will be able to make the 2 hour trip over to Stetson to watch the Tigers play this weekend, if not I'll just follow the games on stat tracker like I did all of last year.

I'm guessing you're wondering why the title of this blog is 'Good job America!'...here's the reason. Tonight was the first night of eliminations on American Idol and America definitely kicked off the right people. The guys who got eliminated were Colton Berry and Garrett Haley. Neither one of them were very impressive, I wasn't sad at all to see either of them go. The girls who got voted off were Amy Davis and Joanne Borgella. I didn't think much of either of them either. They were both kind of boring with their performances last night. My favorites are still going strong...I can't wait for next week.

In case you guys didn't notice I posted a new poll question and it is a great one...be sure and vote.

*Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go MU baseball!! Hope that you make it to the games this weekend.
any mail today??