Friday, February 8, 2008

Is this bad?

Is it bad that I never have the desire to go out?? I mean baseball players are supposed to go out every night, right? I mean this is the sport that Babe Ruth was able to play drunk and David Wells was able to throw a no-hitter hung over. It's Friday night and I'm sitting in my room watching TV and blogging while everyone else is out at the bars. It doesn't seem like a hard choice to me but I guess for some people it is a tough decision. All I know is that to sit here and watch TV it doesn't cost a thing! I mean what good comes from going out?? It'll run your wallet dry, you feel terrible the next morning, you have to deal with stupid people, and for me I feel like I would just be wasting away the whole week of work that I just put in. On top of that I never have the energy to go out. I know some people look at my lifestyle and think that I'm the most boring person in the world. I look at it as making an investment, I'll be alright in the end.

Last night I played Halo 3 against some of the guys back in Columbia. It's pretty amazing how we can all play together and be halfway across the country. Halo definitely will eat up some time. We started playing at about 10 and by the time we had finished it was midnight and I thought we had been playing for about 30 minutes. I'm getting better, but I'm still a long ways away from being good.

It looks like I'm going to be able to expand on my limits this weekend. I was wandering around the clubhouse today and stumbled across a couple of bicycles. Luckily, I've gotten to be pretty good friends with our clubhouse manager so he was more than willing to let me borrow one for at least the weekend. After some air in the tires I was off. The bike looks like it might have been sitting in the stairwell for 5 years, but the most important thing is that it works and rides just fine. So now I'm thinking about going to the beach tomorrow, if I do I plan on bringing my camera and I will definitely post some pictures on here tomorrow.

The rest of my day was pretty normal. I got a to go order (so I could get double points on my card) from Duffy's. I had a turkey burger with some broccoli. A pretty good turkey burger but nothing compared to the ones that we make back in Columbia. After I got done eating I watched a movie called Outlaw Trail. It wasn't a bad movie, I'd recommend it. It's about the journey of a boy who is out to find out more about his great uncle Butch Cassidy.

I got my nap in today so I'll be ready tomorrow to soak up some sun.

No comments: