Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gloomy day...

It rained for the second straight day here in Jupiter. A really weird thing happened last night, there was a tornado worning in southern Florida. I didn't even know that it was possible for there to be a tornado down here, apparently I was way off. You could tell by watching the news last night though that it's a very rare occurence to have tornados. Not only were they not very informative but they never really gave any information as to where you should take cover if a tornado was to hit. It was also different to experience something like that at night. Everytime I've been in the situation where there has been a tornao warning it's been during the day. I would think that at night it would be a lot more dangerous because it would harder to spot the tornado coming. It's supposed to rain all day again tomorrow, all that means to me is that it's going to be a great nap tomorrow.

Today might have been the best day of food since I have been down here. It started off with a great breakfast, 4 egg whites, a piece of toast, non- fat strawberry yogurt, a packet of oatmeal with raisins, and a cup of orange juice. During my workout I munched on a protein bar. After the workout I went with Kyle Winters to Duffy's and had the chicken and broccoli stir fry. It's definitely my favorite dish at Duffy's and to make it even better it was 40% off because of my MVP card and it was between 2 and 4 o'clock. In between lunch and dinner I had one of Drew's protein bars...unbelievable. Then tonight Kyle and I made a trip of to Chili's (a new one for me) and got the guitless ckicken breast platter. It consisted of a chicken breast, broccoli, rice, and corn on the cob. It was an absolute great day for food!

Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee went head to head today in fron of Congress. This whole situation is just getting out of hand. It just doesn't make any sense why they are still pursuing this case. Neither one of them is going to change their stories if they haven't by now, so to me it just seems like they're wasting their time. I mean doesn't Congress have anything better to do with their time than to worry about steroids in baseball? They started out saying that this was good for the youth of America but it's obviously changed and their intentions are now completely different.

American Idol is now down to the final 24 competitors, 12 guys and 12 girls!! I was a little disappointed with a couple of the decisions but for the most part I was pleased.
-First off I forgot to mention one of my other favorites that ended up making it tonight. His name is David Archuleta and he's 17 years old. When he was younger he lost his voice and ironically now he has a great voice. He kind of has a raspy voice and America is going to love this kid.
-Another success tonight was Carly Smithson, the Irish rocker with the half sleeve tattoo. She made it through and should be pretty successful in the weeks to come. I read something tonight about Carly on an American Idol message board. Apparently she already had a contract with a recording company worth 2.2 million and after a couple years got dropped by the label.
-The Australian guy, Michael Johns, also made it through. Once again the judges showed how much they love this guy. But this is American Idol right? I'm just concerned that people aren't going to vote for him simply because he isn't American.
-My favorite, Asia'h Epperson, also made it to the final 24. You absolutely have to feel for this girl. She's going to give everything she has for her Dad with every performance and I'm almost positive that America will fall in love with this girl. On top of all of that she's representing Missouri, you have to love that.
Now for the disappointments of the night:
-Josiah Leming, the kid who has been living out of his car, failed to make the final cut. He just hurt himself a little too much with his final performance in Hollywood. He was the most emotional of all the contestants.
-The next to last cut of the night was Kyle Ensley. Kyle was the kid with the dark rimmed glasses and curly hair. The judges were split on their decision with Kyle. Ironically enough Simon was the only one that wanted him to go on. He said he didn't agree with the decision, an absolute rarity. Usualy what Simon says, no pun intended, goes.
After all that said it was still a good night and some of my favorites are still in the hunt.

I'm looking forward towaking up once again tomorrow and enjoying another great day pursuing my dream. Remember to always dream big. It's doesn't take any effort to be negative, being positive all the time takes a big person...so take that challenge head on!

No comments: