Sunday, February 3, 2008

One word...WOW!!!


I just got back from Duffy's after watching approximately 10 UFC fights. The highlight of the night most certainly came from former NCAA champion wrestler/viking defensive lineman/WWF superstar Brock Lesnar. This man can only be described as an absolute beast. I'm still uncertain at how Frank Mir (his opponent) was able to keep his bodily fluids inside of his body when he saw Lesnar bouncing around across the octagon from him. I mean this man is a freak!! It's just a shame he lost!! For the first 1:00 of the fight Lesnar had taken Mir to the canvas and was just pummeling him with everything he had. It was by far the most exciting UFC fight I had ever seen. At one point Lesnar tried getting back to his feet and got an ankle caught in Mir's grip. Once he got it on him Lesnar tapped pretty quick. It's just amazing to me how a man that big and strong can be beaten with a little ankle lock. I give Mir a bunch of credit for hanging in there long enough to get the ankle lock on but if you were to ask almost anyone who got the best of the fight they would say Lesnar. After the fight Lesnar said he would be fighting again...thank god. Mark my words, I will never ever miss a Brock Lesnar fight. He without a doubt lived up to my expectations.

Time to watch a movie and hit the sack...big day tomorrow. I guess they call it super Sunday or something like that, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that all means!! Anyways, stay tuned in and we'll see who scores that first touchdown.

No comments: