Monday, February 4, 2008

Livin' the dream!

Thes past couple days have been an absolute blessing. You really couldn't have asked for a better Super Bowl, without the Chiefs in it I could really care less who wins. I will say though that it would've been nice to have seen the Patriots go undefeated. To be able to see something like that in a lifetime would be something special. I also would've liked to have seen them win so that those 1972 Dolphins would shut up. I tell you what the Mercury Morris is an absolute clown. My Dad was telling me that he heard an interview with him and he had said that when the Giants won he started crying because he was so happy. Are you kidding me??? Move on with your life!! With all that said it was a great game and I will say that the Giants deserved to win it.

The commercials on the other hand I thought were pretty so-so. Once again the Budweiser commercials were the best. Their advertising people must make bank, those people are geniuses...too bad it all tastes the same (like day old pee) and it's also a shame it's made in St. Louis.

Yesterday I also got hooked up to my computer and television back home with Slingbox. If you haven't ever heard of Slingbox I would definitely check it out. I'm able to watch my home TV on my laptop down here in Jupiter. For example I can now watch MTV, MoJo, and the Kansas City news on my laptop. I know, pretty freakin sweet. On top of that he hooked up DVR so I can control what I want to record if I don't have time to get to my computer. He's an amazing guy and I love him, it's just a shame his whole job revolves around computers yet I still know more about them than he does!

We also got to start our day a little earlier today, so what that meant is that I was able to get about an hours more worth of working out in. There were a couple more big leaguers that got in today also (Dan Uggla and Jeremy Hermida). I like being around big leaguers because you can always learn something from those guys. Most of them are very blessed with their talents but without a little work they never would have gotten to where they are now, and I like to see outside of talent alone what makes those guys grande leaguers.

My roommate also got in yesterday with his fiancee. His name is Graham Taylor, I played with him in Jamestown my first year and for 3 games last year in Greensboro. He had a pretty good year last year and was rewarded with being named the organizational pitcher of the year. He brings a lot to our room! He's already gotten me hooked on Halo 3. He brought his own 20 inch flat screen TV just for his XBox 360. He also has the hookup to where you can play online. It's pretty cool, after playing for one night I'm already considering getting one. I'd have to get some kind of bonus or something for that to happen though. He also has a good collection of DVD's which is nice, but I've seen 90% of the movies that he has. I think it'll be good rooming with him until Jordan gets down here.

I've watched a couple movies since the Reno 911. Last night I watched Rescue Dawn. It's a true story about a Navy pilot who is shot down in Vietnam during the war and the whole movie is about his struggles and about how he survives. The other movie that I watched was called Mr. Brooks. I definitely recommend this one. Kevin Costner plays a professor who lives two lifes. In his one life he is an award winning professor and in his other life he's a man addicted to murder. Both these movies are definitely worth watching.

These two days could be ever better if Missouri were to beat Kansas tonight in Lawrence. It'll be a long shot but that's what will make it even sweeter when they pull it out.

M.I.Z.Z.O.U!!!!!

No comments: