Friday, February 1, 2008

...Continuation

Alright I'm back and ready to finish up my daily routine.

So we usually get to the field at around 9:15 depending on how the middle school traffic is...which now that I think of it, what type of middle school starts school around 9:30??? Only in Jupiter...We stretch at 10:00 so from the time that we get there and the time we stretch I usually try getting some core work in and usually stretch and do a little with a foam roller. The stretch is the same everyday and then we play catch. The infielders then take some groundballs and since I'm the only outfielder down here for the time being, so I end up doing whatever they need me to do. It makes me feel like I'm back working in the athletic department for Lisa! After about 30 minutes of being tugged around, which I really don't mind, I get to take some flyballs and groundballs in the outfield. I get a little variation here however, one day I'll take them in center, the next in right, and maybe even left! I get a little worn out since I'm the only one out there but it's all good, I feel like I'm getting better and that's all I really care about. After our defense we get to hit. Some days on the field, some days in the cages. Today we got to hit on the field, which is always nice. Just working on getting some of the kinks out, staying in the middle of the field, and just working on squaring every ball up. We usually hit for about 30 minutes, go inside to get a drink and prepare for some conditioning. We have a new strength and conditioning coordinator, Josh, who was the trainer for the the High A team last year. He's not your typical strength and conditioning coordinator, not real athletic or strong, but he seems to know what he's talking about and doing so that works for me. One thing that he does that I really like is we change up the conditioning every day, it's always good to keep the body guessing. He was telling me the other day that this year the organization wants to concentrate on more on speed/conditioning/athleticism. All I can say about that is, it's about time! Some of the guys in the organization really make me question the athleticism of some baseball players.

Well I'm gonna get a little workout in here in my room, I'll have the rest of my day later tonight.

No comments: