Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ladies night...

At this moment in time I am being a serious multi-tasker...not only am I blogging but I'm also watching the girls perform on American Idol. They've only had two performances up to this point so my review of the night will be towards the bottom of my blog. I usually have to watch anything that's on FOX in the workout room because our TV in our room doesn't carry FOX and down in the breakfast room is usually set up for a Halo battle room. Luckily tonight I got in the room and staked my claim to a table before they got down here. So blogging and American Idol...it really couldn't get much better than that!

Today definitely resembled every other day when it came to baseball stuff. More and more coaches are beginning to arrive. I'm paying close attention to every drill that we do, not only because I like to get better, but because I can't wait to get back to Columbia next year and give lessons with some new drills. I think we continue to come in at 2:00 up until the big leaguers start playing games and I don't think they start that for another week. Their first game is against the University of Miami. Miami is supposed to be pretty good this year so I'm looking forward to watching a competitive game. Most importantly it will symbolize the start of the games and that means that we're even closer to the start of our Spring Training begins which in turn means that games are soon to be followed! I was thinking today while I was in the outfield that I haven't seen live pitching (in a game situation) since last April. It's sure been awhile but I think that once I step back in the box it will all come back to me. To be completely honest I will be crushed if all the work that I've put in doesn't pay off. I'm putting all my faith into the fact that I know I've done as much as I can, and that is enough for me to sleep well at night. I understand that they say getting released is out of your control and I only agree with that to a certain extent. If you put in a ton of work with the aspirations of getting better then it should show through and that right there is putting the control back in your hands. Enough said about that, I'm just ready to get out there and do what I love.

Speaking of making it, Ian Kinsler has definitely done that. Yesterday he signed 5 year $22 million dollar extension with the Texas Rangers. I can only imagine what that feels like to know that you'll be set for the rest of your life because of something like baseball. He got drafted in the 17th round after his junior year, just like somebody else you guys know, and from that point on he played with a chip on his shoulder. He constantly played knowing that he was disrespected in the draft by so many teams and from that point when he got drafted he was out to prove people wrong. There isn't a better attitude to have than that. When I'm healthy this year I'm going to keep all of that in the back of my mind. Congratulations Ian...

Tonight was another Subway night. I've decided that up until the point that we get vouchers I'm going to hit up Subway on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Monday I had a cheese and steak sub, tonight I had a chicken breast, and I think on Friday I'm going to have turkey breast. You have to mix it up a little! I always seems to get the same vegetables though; lettuce, onions, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, and spinach. All I need to do is add a few more vegetables and they won't be able to close my sandwich! You can't beat that $5.00 sub...all day everyday.

After about 20 different tries I finally was able to finish all of High School Musical. I actually liked it. Granted it's more geared for the younger audience but I love musical type movies like that. The basketball scenes in it weren't great which made it a little less believable but Vanessa Hudgens makes up for that with her gorgeousness! I guess I would recommend this movie but not to everyone. I'd recommend it if you like Disney movies or cheesy movies, but if you aren't into that type of thing you probably want to stay away from this one.

Within the past month I've run across some videos on YouTube that if you haven't seen before you have to check out. For the first video just type in "Kenny George", you will not be disappointed. For the next one just type in "high school girl dunks". That one pretty much explains itself, it's pretty amazing. So if any of you ever find yourself bored and have a little time to spare, go ahead and go over to YouTube and check out those two videos...it will definitely be worth your time.

I failed to mention why today was a better day than most...I got a package!! Drew sent me some more movies that I left behind and some other essentials required for living down here in Jupiter. When I walk by the front desk and they say, "Mr. Mense, you have mail," it absolutely brightens my day! So with that said don't be afraid to send me anything and I do mean anything. I am very gracious for everything that I receive.

One last thing before I move on to my Idol run-down. The poll question ended today and Booche's came out on top. If you ask me, you couldn't have gone wrong with voting for any of those restaurants. When it's all said and done though Booche's burgers were just good enough to beat out Shakespeare's famous pizza. This was definitely a good poll, another one will be up tomorrow so definitely put a reminder in your brain for that!

Here is my thoughts on American Idol tonight. I like listening to the girls more than I do the guys, especially when it's the older songs like tonight and last night.
I'll start off once again with the good performances:
Amanda Overmyer- The rocker girl who performs like she wants to rip somebody's face off!
Alexandrea Lushington- Youg girl from Georgia who performed very well tonight.
Asia'h Epperson- My favorite, who I thought was the best of the night.
Ramiele Malubay- The Oriental girl who the judeges absolutely loved. I thought she was good, but I thought Asia'h was better...I might be a little partial to Asia'h though.
OK performances:
Alaina Whitaker- One of the better looking girls who wasn't good and was bad, so that puts her in this category.
Kady Malloy- Another good looking girl who is my dad's favorite.
Brooke White- The nanny who was a little dry tonight, but not bad.
Syesha Mercado- She's on the edge of the good category but I didn't like her long, scratchy note at the end of the song.
Carly Smithson- The Irish girl who I thought sang well but I didn't think it was a great performance. The judges all loved it though.
Bad performances:
Kristy Lee Cook- She performed first and it was just plain boring.
Joanne Borgella- The plus size model with another very boring performance.
Amy Davis- Probably the worst performance of the night, she might stick around though because she's good looking.
With all that said I thought it was an alright night for the girls. It'll be interesting to see who America decided to vote off tomorrow night. If I had a vote tonight it would definitely go to my girl Asia'h.

I hope everyone out there is healthy and doing well. Come back tomorrow for a new poll and the results from the American Idol cast off show.

*What you gave today you will always have and what you didn't give today you have lost forever.

No comments: