Monday, February 25, 2008

A day to learn from...

The Missouri baseball team was handed their first loss today...I sure was hoping they'd go undefeated. Well in a realistic world everyone knows that going undefeated isn't the most plausible thing ever. Hopefully the guys and coaches will all learn from the loss and hopefully it becomes more of a learning experience than anything. After the weekend Missouri jumped from #6 to #5 in the Baseball America poll. I know Coach Jamieson and his staff will have everyone ready to play once this coming weekend rolls around. An interesting thing has occured with the team so far, they've been putting up some pretty good numbers on offense. That wasn't supposed to happen was it? These guys have been overlooked by a lot of people. Missouri basically has their high ranking because of the pitching staff. What the country doesn't know is how good this offense can be as well.

Today I was able to get a full workout for the first time since I've arrived in Jupiter. The "winter workout" guys got done a lot earlier than the "mini-camp" guys so I was able to go in about an hour before the other guys got in there and stayed until the end of the time that the "mini -camp" guys were in there. I'm not sure if all the working out will help me out a whole bunch when it comes to physical work but I know that mentally I will be in a better frame of mind knowing that I've worked about as hard as I can. I think that's one of the things with steroids that a lot of people don't understand. Obviously getting stronger from steroids is a big plus but I think that the biggest thing with steroids is that it gives the user more confidence because they know that they've used something that is a "performance enhancer". With that in the back of your mind you suddenly gain a lot more confidence. I've never done steroids if that's what you were asking yourself, it's just my opinion!

Tomorrow I'm going to ride my bike over to the field at around 9:00 so I can get some rehab work in and some weight training in before the big leaguers get there. Tomorrow at 3:00 the Marlins play the University of Miami. I'm looking forward to watching this game. Miami's supposed to pretty good this year so I'm hoping it ends up being a good game. It also gives me 3 more hours of something to do.

I received a package in the mail today and that right there brightened up my day a ton. My parents (who I don't say how great they are enough) sent me a booklet of new DVD's, a couple magazines, some orange slices, pumpkins seeds, Reese's peanut butter eggs, and last but definitely not least some wasabi and soy sauce almonds. If you've never tried those almonds I'd definitely suggest going out and getting some, it'll be worth the trip. I have the best parents in the world!

Today was a so-so day. It would have been one of the best days in awhile if Missouri could've pulled it out but it is a long season and they still have a ton of winning left to do. Outside of that though it was a great day.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a pretty good day as well.

*There's no better feeling in the world than when you line up against an opponent and you know that you've out trained him.

No comments: