Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just another day in...Jupiter

I watched Over The Edge this afternoon. It's one of the older movies that my Dad's given to me. I think it was made in 1977 and got a 7.7 rating on IMDB.com (IMDB.com for those of you that don't know, is an amazing movie website). Those ratings though can be pretty deceiving though. I've seen some movies that have like a 7.5 rating but are absolutely terrible. This movie wasn't bad, it was basically about a city of teenage kids that basically take over the town with vandalism. It was based off of true events, in my opinion those are always the better movies because you know that they actually happened. It gives the movie a little validity to me.

Everything else was just about the same as a regular day, nothing too exciting.

I did find out the other day that Brett Sinkbeil got engaged to his girlfriend Lindsey. Brett was one of my roommates in Jamestown and is one of my better friends in the organization. So now my first two roommates in pro ball are engaged...Maybe that's some kind of sign or something. I don't know though, I'm not sure I can ever see myself getting married and settling down. I'm only kidding, it's just a matter of time.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. I plan on going over to Duffy's and sit outside on the patio with my laptop, in sunny 75 degree weather, and watch all my shows that I recorded from back home.

Speaking of TV, I did watch American Idol tonight. Not a bad episode. There was a girl that was from West Palm Beach that made it through and they interviewed her on the news after the show, kinda cool. I still don't really have a clear cut favorite like I usually do by this point in the show. There is still one more night of auditions, I'm hoping I'll find the eventual winner. And for those of you who say that American Idol is down this year, you really don't know what you're talking about!

One last thing...I got into a little argument with one of our trainers today in the training room about nutrition and lifting. He was trying to tell me that you need to take in a kilogram of protein for every pound of body weight...boy was he talking out of his ass! I proved him wrong after we looked it up and he conceited that I was right. The trainers and strength and conditioning coordinators are all surprised that I didn't major in athletic training/nutrition, turns out I know what I'm talking when it comes to that stuff. But anyways, the moral of this story is: Trainers like to talk out of their asses!!

No comments: