Thursday, February 14, 2008

The weather man was waaaay off!

First off...Happy Valentine's day to all you lovers out there! I hope everyone was able to share this day, somehow, with someone special.

Turns out today was one of the nicest, most refreshing days that there's been since I've been down here. It was a perfect 75 degrees with a calm little breeze, it was b.e.a.utiful. Since the weather hadn't cooperated the past couple days, we got to hit on the field (normally we only hit on the field on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). The little breeze that there was happened to be carrying the ball out to right field. The guy that threw BP to our group threw cutters up and in, so when you put all those variables together it was definitely one of those confidence building types of BP. My swing feels pretty good right now, I'm just absolutely chomping at the bit to get going with everything.

There will definitely be a wrinkle thrown into my routine on Monday. Big league spring training starts on Sunday for the pitchers and catchers. Basically what that means to me, and all of the other minor league guys, is that we can't show up to the field until their workouts are over with. So starting on Monday we aren't even allowed to arrive at the field until 1:00 in the afternoon. I'm not really sure how it's all going to work out, whether or not there will be coaches there or how long we'll be able to stay in the weight room. Monday will definitely be different, hopefully in a good way.

Sorry I haven't kept you guys up to date with the movies that I've watched lately. Earlier today I finished up a movie called The Architect. This movie has 3 or 4 little plots that all roll into one major theme. It's basically about a Chicago woman who lives in the projects that is trying to get the backing from the architect who built the apartments to tear them down. I definitely wouldn't suggest this movie, it's kind of slow and some parts are a little bit disturbing. The best part of the movie was that it had my girl in it, Hayden Panettiere.
A couple days ago I watched Keeping Up With The Steins. I really liked this movie. It's a comedy about a boy who's dad is gung hoe on trying to throw a better bar mitzvah than the Steins did. The boy always seems to be put in akward situations, everyone can relate to that.
Finally, I watched The Illusionist with Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Jessica Biel. This one is basically about a magician (Norton) who is trying to win over the heart of a woman (Biel) with a much higher standing than his own. The best part of this movie is the crazy ending, you'll have to watch it to find out what happens.
Two out of the three movies that I watched over the past couple days were pretty enjoyable. The best part about these movies was that two of them had my absolute favorite actresses in them, Jessica Biel and Hayden Panettiere.

I also caught up on some Slingbox over at Duffy's today. I watched the latest episodes of The Gauntlet 3 (the most popular show from the poll), Rob & Big, and Life of Ryan. I also watched one of my favorite shows, Dinner: Impossible. For those of you who haven't ever seen the show, it involves a world renowned chef named Richard Irvine and his team of chefs. He is thrown into a situation, usually without food and with limited resources, and has to prepare a meal for a group of people. He always has a limited amount of time and is always rushing around the kitchen frantic as can be. I don't know how he does it, but he always ends up making it in the right amount of time and the food always seems to be first class. He's definitely the kind of chef that I need running my kitchen whenever I open up my restaurant.

It was another great day, I just wish that I could've spent this special holiday with the girl of my dreams. I'm not worried one bit though because I know there will be many more to come that I will be able to spend with her. The poll is getting pretty good...I'm just surprised that I'm the only one who's voted for Johnny's Beanery, I mean they do have the best tacos in all of town! Always remember to keep on keepin' on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's back at ya. Have enjoyed reading what's happening. Glad you are chomping at the bit!!! Dinner Impossible is one of our absolute favorites too....Paul really likes him and it does get into some interesting situations. I wonder who thinks them up!!! Have a good Friday!