Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hump Day!

First off I want to say I can’t believe how many people have voted on my poll question, it makes me happy to know that people are reading my blog! Feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading those too. Anyways, onto my thoughts for the day.

Today was kind of a weird day in regard to everything over at the field. The big league team had a game tonight at 7:00 so it kind of threw everything else off. But that’s all I’m going to say about that because my dad says I complain and whine too much about not getting to do some of the stuff that I’d like to do.

Today I was living off of leftovers. The best part about that is that I didn’t have to spend any money! Being a minor leaguer you really have to budget your money well. This off-season I put together a spread sheet that let me keep track of the money I spent and the money that I made. The way that I look at it is that if I am on the positive side every month then I’ll be alright! Easy way to think of it, right?

Last night I finished up a movie called Eastern Promises. I thought it was alright. It’s one of those movies that do real well in the world of critics but sometimes not so well with the general public. At least that’s how I am with a lot of movies like that. I guess I shouldn’t say that my opinion is that of the general public’s…but I’m going to. Anyways, this movie is about a Russian gangster family (that does really exist) dominating the streets of London. I’m a big fan of gangster movies; it always amazes me to think that some of the things that happen in these movies actually go on in the mafia/gang world.

My good buddy Jordan gets down here on Sunday. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him so I’m definitely looking forward to my roomy getting in. He’s getting married on the first of December. It’s definitely going to be a busy off-season in regards to traveling and weddings. Drew I’m sure will be making all the trips with me. We’re most likely going to go back to Colorado Springs to visit her family, go down to Oklahoma in November for Brett’s wedding, go down to Charleston for Priday’s wedding, and finally go down to Dallas for Jordan’s wedding. I can’t wait…

Last night American Idol’s guy’s night was very mediocre. Like I had said last night everyone was just average except for David Archuleta. He is running away with this competition. Every time that he has performed it has been a great performance. One thing that I think is a little weird about this season is how they’re allowing them to use their guitars to perform. Sometimes, as in the case last night, the guitars drown out the voices. As far as I’m concerned it is a singing competition and I would honestly rather hear them sing on their own on the stage.

Here are some of my thoughts on tonight’s performances. I thought that Brooke White probably had the best performance, but with that said she had her guitar with her so that bumps her down a notch for me. I thought the rocker Amanda Overmeyer was really bad this week vocally, not to mention that her hair looked like skunk’s fur. I thought that my girl Asia’h Epperson was good outside of her one slip up in the middle of her song although Simon thought she was terrible. My dad’s choice Kady Malloy had another weak performance. You can tell that the judges want her to do so well because she’s so attractive and has a great personality but when she gets on stage she almost seems like a different person. Those are the only ones to really mention.

Before I leave you guys for the night I have one more story. In the mornings when I eat breakfast there is usually a morning talk show on the TV. Today was Live with Regis and Kelly, that’s not the interesting part though. They had a dog on today that set the world record for the fastest time to pop 100 balloons! The terrier popped all 100 balloons in a little more than 40 seconds. It was absolutely amazing, and it started my day off with a pretty good laugh.

*Insist on yourself, never imitate.

No comments: